If you’re an extremely detail-oriented person and outstanding team player who is passionate about computer system development, you may have the makings of an outstanding .NET architect.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), as of May 2013, approximately 5,340 people in the Charlotte area are employed as software applications developers. These professionals earn a mean hourly wage of $42.35 or $88,080 per year.
Software applications developers enjoy an exceptionally strong sense of job security, due to the ever-increasing demand for computer software. The BLS predicts employment for these workers will grow at a very steady rate of 23 percent from 2012 to 2022 ─ more than double the national average of 11 percent.
Working as a .NET Architect
A .NET architect is responsible for developing applications that run on a Microsoft operating system. Framework encompasses database connectivity and access tools, web application development tools, and user interface creation. Many employers prefer candidates with a certificate in Microsoft .NET, but relevant experience can be often be used in place of education requirements.
The specific job duties of a .NET architect vary by company, but generally include:
- Ability to articulate complex application designs.
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies to develop applications.
- Manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies.
- Provide technical oversight and day-to-day activities of developers and vendor configurations tasks.
- Create project plans and serve as a subject-matter expert.
- Work with project managers, QA, and the creative team to oversee every single aspect of software development.
- Familiarity with cloud computing software.
Working as a .NET Architect in Charlotte
Computer systems are essential to most ─ if not all ─ companies in Charlotte. Working as a .NET architect opens the door to countless career possibilities, allowing you to find a job in nearly any industry, neighborhood, or for any organization you have your eye on. This career choice offers amazing growth potential, ensuring your skills will always be in demand.