Title: Estimator / Planner / Scheduler
Job Location: Berkeley, IL
Duration: 6+ Months. (Contract to Hire)
Pay rate: $35/hr
Hours: 8-5 M-F
Schedule:100% onsite at the Chicago location
Need of person: ASAP
- Analyzes all job specifications from design through packing and delivery to assure that all information needed to calculate cost is present; refers incomplete specifications to sales or customer service for clarification.
- Reviews” best fit” information to determine which location is the proper fit for the type of product requested.
- Refines specifications based on knowledge and experience for better production, lower cost, better suitability to end use and adds production steps as necessary to achieve quality level desired. States all assumptions, such as customer-supplies art or paper, in writing as part of the estimate.
- Gathers multiple quotes on paper and outside services to assure the Company of receiving the best price.
- Creates and records a legible production plan that can be used later by the production department, including quoted prices from materials and outside services.
- Calculates total costs for actual and proposed printing, binding and/or mailing jobs including alternate quantities and production methods as requested by Sales. DOES NOT ESTABLISH SELLING PRICE.
- Prepares letter or quote outlining specifications of the job and sends to client.
- Determines supplies, materials and equipment needed for job order. Plans and draws layout of the job. Attempts to use current inventory whenever applicable.
- Maintains accurate records on all jobs and customer contacts so both company and customer are protected should questions arise later.
- Prepares estimates of additional costs if copy varies from estimate and passes additional estimate along for processing by Sales.
- Keeps abreast of all printing, mailing and fulfillment industry changes in equipment, methods and regulations.
- Attends scheduled sales meetings and participates in training, as offered.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Education and/or Experience: bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university is preferred but not required and one to three years of related experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents; write employee communication pieces and routine business correspondence; speak effectively before a group of peers and ability to communicate with a broad range of audiences (senior management level to front-line production employees.)
Mathematical skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Other skills and abilities: Strong attention to detail, good math skills, a genuine interest in how equipment performs is a plus. Ability to explain detailed information to non-technical people. Ability to operate a PC and use various software such as Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and CRM contact management system. Initiate and maintain good organization of records and information; ability to prevent errors and solve problems; professional phone technique. Experience working with web, digital, and sheetfed estimating is a plus.