Working with multiple local Charlotte organizations seeking skilled AP specialists and AP Analysts. Candidates with experience in high volume invoice processing ideal!
The majority of opportunities are Hybrid (some days remote).
Direct Hire and Contract to Hire positions are available!
Accounts Payable Specialist Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with internal departments to gather, analyze, and interpret relevant financial data.
- Receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Comparing system reports to balances and verifying entries.
- Charging expenses to accounts and cost centers, as well as controlling petty cash spending.
- Verifying vendor accounts, paying vendors, and resolving purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies.
- Issuing purchase order amendments and stop payments.
- Monitoring payroll expense claims, including salary advances and overtime payments.
- Reconciling account transactions with the general ledger.
- Performing recordkeeping and preparing financial reports.
- Keeping informed of regulatory requirements and best practices in accounting.
Accounts Payable Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor's or associate's degree in accounting, finance, or related preferred
- At least 2 years experience as an accounts payable specialist, or similar.
- Advanced competency in accounting and business management software
- In-depth knowledge of accounts payable principles, accounting standards, and industry regulations.
- Extensive experience in account reconciliation.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Great time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication abilities.
As an accounts payable specialist you should exhibit sound knowledge of best practices in accounting and experience in a similar role. An accomplished accounts payable specialist will be someone whose accounting expertise translates into optimized expense control processes.