Our client is looking to hire a Director of Employee Benefits to join their growing organization and take the lead in strategic planning, design, implementation, and administration of employee benefit programs. This individual will ensure adherence to relevant regulations and competitive positioning in the marketplace, all in support of the organization's strategic goals.
- Responsible for evaluating, ensuring compliance, strategizing, and administering various health and welfare benefit programs, including primary facilitation of annual Open Enrollment.
- Analyze costs of benefit plans, including cash flow and corporate financial statements; provide recommendations for funding arrangements, cost allocations, and alternative delivery methods, taking budget into account in collaboration with the internal Finance Team.
- Collaborate with HRIS to accurately set up plans in the system based on plan design.
- Supervise new enrollments for Health Savings Account at year-end.
- Complete or oversee the completion of enrollments/changes that won't automatically populate in carrier systems via connection files.
- Monitor claims activity regularly, providing information to Leadership and Finance as necessary.
- Audit benefit enrollments in HRIS to ensure accuracy.
- Lead HR due diligence and integration activities for benefits during acquisitions.
- Manage vendor relationships, integrations, and offer guidance and support to leadership.
- Act as the 401(k) plan sponsor.
- Oversee relations with Fidelity (recordkeeper) and Creative Planning (investment advisor).
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulations as well as organizational plans and policies.
- Provide guidance and oversight to the external leave administrator, internal Benefit and Leave Administrator, and HR team as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent professional experience
- 5- 7 years of experience in benefit administration, including familiarity with HDHP/HSA plans, management of self-funded plans, preferably in the financial or professional services industry
- Experience in administering 401(k) plans
- Over 3 years of management experience, including recruitment, training, task assignment, and performance management of staff
- Proficient in interpersonal skills, active listening, and communication, including presentation and facilitation skills
- Working knowledge of IRS Code Section 125, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, and other applicable regulations
- CEBS or CBP certification is preferred