Global industrial organization with over 10,000 employees and nearly 1,000 locations. One of Charlotte's premier employers, they're very involved in the community. The company has recently won awards internationally for health & safety, innovation, and best products. Competitive compensation and benefits!
As the Director of Audit and Risk, you'll be responsible for building and leading a new risk and audit function, including the implementation of controls and risk management strategies across the organization. The Director of Risk and Audit will also be responsible for utilizing data to drive operational efficiencies.
- Build and lead a team responsible for risk and audit across the organization.
- Develop and implement risk management strategies and controls across the organization to minimize risk exposure.
- Develop and implement an audit program to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Develop and maintain a risk management framework to identify, assess, and mitigate risk across the organization.
- Develop and implement a risk reporting program to provide visibility and transparency of risks to senior management.
- Develop and implement training programs to raise awareness of risk management practices, procedures, and controls.
- Develop and implement controls testing program to ensure the effectiveness of controls across the organization.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify, analyze, and mitigate risks.
- Provide guidance and support to business units to identify and manage risks associated with new initiatives or projects.
- Utilize data analytics and insights to identify operational inefficiencies and recommend process improvements.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in risk management, audit, or related field.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with a proven ability to build and lead a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and mitigate risks.
- Experience with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Strong knowledge of data analytics and insights.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Professional certification such as CISA, CIA, or CRMA is preferred.