The Project Manager will lead all aspects of the project design, build, and implementation required to deliver the engineering scope to satisfy customer requirements while adhering to project budgets and schedules.
In this role, you will lead, manage and control all engineering-related activities in the project to deliver on requirements, budget and schedule.
- Concept to completion ownership and management of engineering projects scope, schedules, deliverables and budget.
- Setting detailed project plan, tracking deliverables, identifying resource needs, identifying project risks and driving mitigations across all stages of the project.
- Managing project budget and monitoring cost impact of engineering changes
- Reprioritizing activities and identifying tactical and creative ways to overcome obstacles while meeting deadlines despite setbacks; drive decision and escalate, if needed.
- Collaborating, leading, communicating and interacting seamlessly with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Arranging and leading internal and external engineering design reviews.
- Ensuring clean start and closure of projects.
- Reporting project progress during project reviews.
- Establish and maintain interfaces with other Engineering departments and all project stakeholders.
- Monitor, control, and report monthly all engineering activities and financial aspects of the project consistent with the contract requirements and established project management procedures to attain established goals.
Basic Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Business or other related field of study
- 5+ years of experience leading a project team as a Technical Project Manager or Project Engineer
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar field of engineering.
- 5+ years of experience leading a project team as a technical project manager or engineering project manager in a low volume, highly engineered product environment
- Knowledge of engineering design processes
- Understanding of manufacturing process for ETO (Engineer to order) products/equipment.
- Experience mentoring, training and developing others
- Experience motivating teams by removing roadblocks, balancing workload, and empowering the team to self-organize
- Strong project management skills and experience implementing plans
- Proven record of building strong relationships with stakeholders to foster collaborative and confident communication
- Proficient in project planning, tasks management and cost control.
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills and the ability to guide, influence and convince others and communicate complex concepts
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Ability to work systematically and independently, taking initiative where necessary
- Possess good problem-solving skills, and the ability to develop innovative solutions.
- Desire and motivation to further knowledge and abilities.
Charlotte, NC, NC