The Communications Coordinator promotes the life of the church internally, online, and through social media.
- Curate Constant Contact communications including weekly email update and other announcements.
- Strategically tell the church’s story to the church and larger community via social media and our YouTube page (posts, pictures, videos, etc).
- Possess graphic design skills in order to effectively and creatively communicate church life.
- Work with staff for marketing/branding for various events.
- In conjunction with the Communications Team, regularly update content on the church website, and design and publish the bi-monthly church newsletter.
- Attend bi-monthly staff meetings.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding sensitive information.
- Preferred BA/BS
- Experience with graphic design and social media
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Creativity: Possesses skills to communicate both visually and verbally in a way that garners excitement and energy. Thinks outside-of-the-box. Willing to try new ideas.
- Technology: Possesses proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, Social Media (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter), general graphic design, and overall computer competency.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work with all kinds of people. Engages people positively, with a demeanor of optimism and abundance. Demonstrates the skills of active listening and practices good discernment. Productively engages and resolves interpersonal conflict. Understands the value of discretion and how to use it. Holds others accountable in a spirit of love.
- Process Management: Able to discern the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient workflow.
- Resourcefulness: Seeks answers and information when needed. Knows who to ask, connects with other people and leaders on the team.
- Team Player: Contributes to the process of sharing best practices, identifying and solving common problems.
- Prioritization and Time Management: Addresses various tasks and assignments with a large-picture view, taking care of most important tasks first. Meets deadlines.