We are currently recruiting for an incredible Patient Advocacy organization located in the Charlotte market looking for top notch customer service professionals to support the Patient Journey as Reimbursement Specialists. This role does require onsite presence in the Charlotte area. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow in the corporate healthcare and medical insurance space while making additional income during the holiday season.
Main Functions of the role
- Provide top notch customer service to internal and external customers; resolve any customer requests in a timely and accurate manner; escalate complaints accordingly.
- Collect and review all patient insurance benefit information, to the degree authorized by the standards of the program
- Provide assistance to physician office staff and patients to complete and submit all necessary insurance forms and program applications.
- Completes and submit all necessary insurance forms in a timely manner as required by all third-party payors for prior authorizations.
- Tracks and follow up on prior authorization request.
- Maintain frequent phone contact with provider representatives, third party customer service representatives, and pharmacy staff.
- Report any reimbursement trends/delays to supervisor.
- Process any necessary insurance/patient correspondence.
- Provide all necessary documentation required to expedite prior authorization request.
- Communicates effectively to payors to ensure accurate and timely benefit investigations.
- High School Diploma or GED required,
- Associates or BA preferred
- Previous 1+ years of experience in a specialty pharmacy, medical insurance, physician’s office, healthcare setting, and/or related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to build productive internal/external working relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- General knowledge of pharmacy benefits, and medical benefits.
- Global understanding of commercial and government payers preferred.
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
Schedule: Requires flexibility between the hours of 8am – 8pm.
ALL Training (onsite & remote): 9:00am EST – 6:00pm EST.
For Onsite Candidates: Shifts will be 8-5, 8:30-5:30 & 9-6.
Remote Opportunities will be offered to experienced candidates