Role Overview: As a Refractory Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical expertise and support in the development, selection, and implementation of refractory materials and solutions. Your primary focus will be on optimizing the performance, durability, and cost-effectiveness of refractory linings in various industrial applications. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including sales, operations, and customers, to ensure successful project execution and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with customers, sales teams, and project managers to understand project requirements and develop effective refractory solutions.
- Conduct thorough analysis and evaluation of refractory materials, including selection, testing, and performance assessment.
- Provide technical guidance and support in the design and engineering of refractory linings for industrial furnaces, kilns, and other high-temperature processes.
- Perform detailed heat transfer and thermal stress calculations to optimize refractory lining designs for maximum efficiency and longevity.
- Conduct on-site inspections and assessments to identify refractory-related issues, recommend remedial actions, and provide technical assistance to customers.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, including specifications, installation procedures, and maintenance guidelines.
- Collaborate with suppliers and internal teams to source and qualify refractory materials, ensuring compliance with quality standards and cost targets.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in refractory materials, technologies, and industry best practices.
- Provide training and technical support to internal teams and customers on proper handling, installation, and maintenance of refractory linings.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to enhance product quality, performance, and customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree in Materials Science, Ceramic Engineering, or a related field. A Master's degree is preferred.
- Proven experience in refractory engineering, with a minimum of X years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of refractory materials, their properties, and applications in various industrial processes.
- Familiarity with refractory lining design principles, heat transfer analysis, and thermal stress calculations.
- Proficiency in refractory testing and characterization techniques, such as thermal conductivity measurements, thermal expansion analysis, and phase identification.
- Experience in project management, including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex issues and provide innovative solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and interact with customers.
- Detail-oriented with a strong commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites as needed.