Staff/Senior Level Accountant – Sales Financial Analyst
Job Summary: Local Charlotte client is hiring a direct hire Senior Staff Accountant in the South Park area! Amazing opportunity to work with a quickly growing privately owned organization with over $2 Billion in revenue yearly!
Location: South Park – on-site daily during regular business hours
Compensation: Flexible based on experience – $70-85k target
The ideal candidate will be responsible for accounting functions and financial analysis to provide valuable insights and guidance to the sales team. This role plays a critical part in ensuring the accuracy and efficiency of financial processes, as well as helping sales personnel make informed decisions to drive business growth.
- Record and reconcile sales transactions, commissions, and incentives accurately in the accounting system.
- Collaborate with the accounts receivable and accounts payable teams to ensure proper recording and tracking of sales-related transactions.
- Maintain and update sales-related financial records and documentation
- Analyze sales performance and financial data to identify trends, opportunities, and areas for improvement.
- Prepare financial reports, including sales forecasts, budget vs. actual comparisons, and variance analysis.
Budgeting and Planning:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of sales budgets and forecasts.
- Provide financial insights to help sales teams create effective business plans and strategies.
- Monitor budget compliance and offer recommendations for cost optimization.
Compliance and Reporting:
- Ensure adherence to financial and accounting regulations, company policies, and industry standards.
- Prepare and submit financial reports for management and external stakeholders as required.
- Assist in financial audits and provide requested documentation and information.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting (Master's or CPA a bonus) – required
- Proven experience as an accountant, financial analyst, or similar role
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Proficiency in using financial software and tools.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.