Position Overview: The Entry-Level Accounting Specialist will play a crucial role in maintaining accurate financial records related to physical assets. This role will require strong attention to detail, an understanding of accounting principles, and the ability to communicate effectively with various departments. Proficiency in Excel, including VLOOKUPs and pivot tables, is essential, along with a foundational understanding of credits and debits.
Journal Entries: Create and post journal entries to accurately record financial transactions related to physical assets.
Account Reconciliations: Perform regular reconciliations of accounts to ensure accuracy and resolve discrepancies promptly.
Asset Management: Assist in tracking, recording, and depreciating physical assets, ensuring compliance with accounting standards.
Communication: Collaborate with other departments via email to gather information, resolve discrepancies, and provide financial insights as needed.
Excel Proficiency: Utilize Excel to maintain and analyze financial data, including the use of VLOOKUPs and pivot tables.
Credit and Debit Handling: Understand and apply basic principles of credits and debits in financial transactions.
Documentation: Maintain organized and detailed documentation of financial transactions and reconciliations.
Compliance: Ensure compliance with company policies and relevant accounting standards.
Reporting: Assist in the preparation of financial reports and statements as required by management.
Continuous Improvement: Identify opportunities for process improvements and contribute to the enhancement of accounting processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred (candidates with relevant coursework or equivalent experience will be considered).
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and concepts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including VLOOKUPs and pivot tables.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges.
- Knowledge of credits and debits is a plus.
- Prior internship or entry-level accounting experience is a bonus but not required.
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Professional development opportunities
- Friendly and collaborative work environment
- Opportunity for career growth within the Finance department