We are currently recruiting for a unique opportunity to work for a global manufacturer in the Hickory area. This role will be supporting the Legal Department with IP Paralegal functions as they expand their legal team. You will be an integral part of the corporate legal function of the organization.
In this role you will provide support to the IP Manager and managing the IP Portfolio and accurately updating our internal databases.
- Obtain, as needed, patent copies, file histories and references – obtain relevant records based on team needs.
- Patent Searching– developing and executing search strategies, reviewing and gathering relevant references, and discussing search results with team members.
- Patent Watches – set-up and manage relevant watches for patents and communicate and discuss relevant results with team members.
- Accurately update internal databases with status of patents and maintain filing numbers
- Coordinate signatures on declarations, power of attorney, and work with outside counsel on these items.
- Coordinate Information Disclosure Statements filings/send duty of disclosure email.
- Prepare assignments from template and coordinate Assignment filing
- Prepare allowance/issuance emails for review by IP manager.
- Update Patent Marking webpage in coordination with IP Manager.
- Review allowed/issued claims for dependency errors and typos, prepare amendment shells for post-allowance filing, if needed.
- Order and distribute patent plaques and send Innovation Awards emails
- Review filing papers for clerical data accuracy and errors, update US claims per EPO claim format.
- Monitor docket dates and alert IP manager/outside counsel as needed
- Maintain copies of patents in USC network folders.
- Send reminders to inventors for patent draft review and signatures.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Legal Experience working in a corporate legal department.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn new things
- Experience working in a Corporate IP department or for an in house law firm directly working with IP Attorneys
- Strong MS Suite Experience: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Incredible attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- A strong sense of urgency
- Project Coordination skills