Job Title: FRAUD INVESTIGATOR
The Fraud Investigator is responsible for applying fact-finding methods to investigate potential fraudulent activity, including the evaluation of transactions in Cable, Internet and Mobile Orders. The ideal candidate will seek to achieve the optimal balance between customer experience and fraud prevention through interaction with callers, and maintain that balance as the business grows and fraud trends evolve. Responsible for performing research of data and, through interaction with callers, to assist in identifying cases of potential takeover, ID Theft or abuse. Assignments are broad in nature and require the ability to make decisions and multi task.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Leverage appropriate resources to support the identification and initiation of fraud or abuse investigations, and ensure relevant information is appropriately collected, analyzed, and documented.
- Request additional caller documentation when required for investigation.
- Complete investigation/documentation and provides communication back to the caller.
- Bring resolution to fraudulent claims by employing tools that detect and disrupt fraud schemes.
- Evaluate, process, and document fraud, identity theft and customer validation claims.
- Assist team leader/managers with escalated calls, emails, and corporate escalations.
- Collect, research, and validate data against relevant guidelines.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to make a decision in every investigation required
- Working knowledge of cable or telecom operations, fraud investigation and/or detection and analysis, and laws/regulations related to fraud and general risk management
- Basic data analysis skills
- Ability to be organized, detailed, meet deadlines, manage time, and maintain accuracy while in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Demonstrates sound business judgment in applying proper policies, procedures and guidelines
- Exhibits competent multi-tasking skills and takes initiative in diffusing challenging customer contacts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint)
- In depth Knowledge of the ICOMS and/or CSG billing systems, extensive knowledge of billing cycles and cross divisional procedures
- General knowledge of Fraud operations, policies and procedures
- Enthusiasm and interest in Fraud, compliance and related services
- Ability to remain empathetic while communicating risk decisions, ability to de-escalate calls when communicating difficult messages
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computers, spreadsheet and word processing software is required
High school diploma or GED
Bachelor's degree preferred
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Related experience in similar field and/or fraud training 3+
Experience dealing with and resolving difficult and escalated issues 3+
Basic skip tracing skills –preferred