The Manufacturing Supervisor – 1 st Shift manages and coordinates the activities of direct and indirect hourly associates in the Packing, Shipping, and Warehouse departments. The Supervisor is to ensure the efficient packing of surface closers, the on-time delivery of materials to the plant from the warehouse and coordinating shipping of the final product to the customer to meet order fill rate metrics. The supervisor ensures that company policies and guidelines are implemented and followed consistently and fairly.
- Responsible for the daily performance of the packaging, shipping and offsite warehouse departments.
- Supervises the daily delivery and production of material to the shipping department to maximize order fill rate and daily revenue targets.
- Owns departmental KPI’s, including Safety, Quality, Delivery and Productivity.
- Utilizes problem-solving methodologies to determines root cause and implements corrective actions.
- Ensures compliance to all safety, quality, delivery, and productivity standards as well as other company policies.
- Develops and implements continuous improvement related initiatives.
- Communicates effectively up and down the organizational structure.
- Maintains high standards of performance, quality and customer service within all departments.
- Actively champions a culture of "safety first” throughout the manufacturing facility.
- Leads, coaches, mentors, rewards and disciplines associates in compliance with Company policies.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in a technical field or business management.
- 5+ years of experience in metals machining and electronics manufacturing.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, making effective real time decisions
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of lean or continuous improvement methodologies.
- B.S. degree in a technical field or business management, preferred.
- Domestic and International Shipping Experience and/or Warehousing a plus.
These physical demands are representative of the requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of the Supervisor’s job, the associate is required to talk and hear. The associate is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers to handle or feel. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Close vision is required for this job. Lifting up to 50lbs may be required at times.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.