Are you looking for a career? As an Entry Level Lab Technician, you will work on a variety of projects, performing various tests and inspections on construction materials depending upon experience level. Written and electronic reports must be completed regularly and verbal communication with site and office personnel is required.
Laboratory testing includes, but is not limited to:
- Grain size analysis (sieve and hydrometer)
- Moisture content
- Organic content Atterberg limits (plasticity indices)
- Soil compaction (Proctor)/moisture-density testing
- Loading of consolidation tests
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Minimum of a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- At least 6 months of relevant experience is preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation and enjoy working outside.
- Must be available for overtime and weekend work as needed.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.