TalentBridge is seeking a Driller Helper/Laborer to assist in performing routine drilling, sampling, and well installation tasks as well as routine mechanical work necessary to maintain equipment in operating condition. This is a great career opportunity for someone who wants to work outdoors, doesn't mind physical labor, and is willing to travel.
- Assist with drilling equipment setup: Help in the preparation and setup of drilling equipment, including loading, and unloading equipment from trucks, assembling, and disassembling drilling rigs, and arranging necessary tools and materials.
- Support drilling operations: Provide hands-on assistance during drilling operations, such as operating machinery controls under supervision, loading and unloading drilling rods and casings, and ensuring proper alignment and stability of drilling equipment.
- Sample collection and handling: Assist in collecting soil, rock, and groundwater samples as per project requirements. Properly label, handle, and store samples for further laboratory analysis while maintaining accurate records of sample locations and depths.
- Equipment maintenance: Assist with routine maintenance and cleaning of drilling equipment, tools, and vehicles to ensure their optimal functionality and longevity. Report any equipment malfunctions or issues to the supervisor promptly.
- Site preparation and restoration: Assist in site preparation activities, such as clearing vegetation, erecting safety barriers, and leveling the ground. Help restore the site to its original condition after drilling operations, including reseeding or re-vegetation activities.
- Health and safety compliance: Adhere to all health and safety guidelines and regulations, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and participating in safety meetings and training. Report any unsafe conditions or incidents to the supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent (additional technical training is a plus)
- Must be willing to travel and be available for weekend work Travel 50% – 60%
- Physically fit and able to perform manual labor in outdoor environments
- Drug testing and background check in accordance with company policy and DOT requirements.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time while performing heavy physical exertion.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to routinely lift 75 pounds.