ERP Systems Administrative Analyst I
Location: City of Rock Hill, SC
Onsite Flexibility: 100% onsite
Shift: Work hours 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Monday – Friday (Operations hours 7:00 AM – 4:0 0PM)
Salary: $75,000 to $94,806 Per Year / DOQ
ERP Cayenta ( https://www.cayenta.com)
Connecting People with Their Purpose
At TalentBridge, we know success begins with personal connections, and our goal is to fully understand your values, motivations, and passions, then to connect you with companies whose values and motivations match your own.
Whether you’re looking for temporary employment or a full-time career, the TalentBridge family is here to help.
About the Role
The purpose of this job class within the organization is to evaluate, data manage, develop, implement, administer, and maintain core City information systems/equipment.
This position is defined as a Data administrator/analyst whose focus is on core ERP and utility management data systems and networks within the Information Technology Department (ITS). This class position title can be qualified by an expertise qualifier Systems Administrative Analyst I to differentiate the position’s specific areas of expertise. This class position is versed in core systems, core applications, security, and services enough to maintain and expand the development of new software application systems for changes in use, expansion of services and specific needs of departments and service requirements of the city.
This class works under the direction of and within the IT Teams’ structure, independently functioning within their division or across divisional lines, under limited supervision, reporting and communicating activities as necessary through periodic meetings or correspondence.
Work hours 8:00AM – 5:00PM, Monday – Friday (Operations hours 7:00AM – 4:00PM)
Minimum Training and Experience:
Requires a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or closely related field. Requires four years in System administration/analysis, direct advanced Cayenta administration or software application or closely related experience. The equivalent combination of education, training or related work experience may be considered.
Special Certifications and Licenses:
Valid Driver’s License
Criminal Justice Information System Security and Awareness Training Certification
A plus if any of the following certifications is held: MCSE; RHCSA; LPI; VMware VCP-DCV; CCP-V; CCNA; Network+; CompTIA Security+; any Rock Hill equipment Vendor Computer certifications
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of all core Microsoft products, SQL, SharePoint, Teams, Microsoft 365, Azure, VMware, and backup functions, etc.
- Fluent knowledge in Windows or Linux server OS software.
- Fully proficient in Active Directory and LDAP environments; ability to lead or assist infrastructure designs, expansions, and security; contributes to determining core standards, governance and operational constraints.
- Excellent communications skills: Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, other administrative staff and department heads, subordinates, other City employees, sales representatives, service personnel, user groups, and the general public.
- Ability to adapt and grow into a changing environment for the purpose of continuous improvement and knowledge growth.
- Ability to load all software, inject into VMware environment, and connect and manage a SAN environment and to build out all security profiles, test and industrialize the applications and services required.
- Ability to analyze, extrapolate and deduct complex options and designs to safely and securely manipulate, customize or profile given software environments, operational challenges or functional needs of the organization.
- Ability to translate, extract, analyze, and present data, and create ad-hoc reports; fluent with Scripting, Powershell, SQL queuing, Microsoft Excel, Word, and related GIS software necessary to support and communicate.
- Ability to work within a team environment and demonstrate high level of customer service and able to build relationships.
- Ability to problem solve and to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Ability to demonstrate proficient technical documentation skills.
- Ability to act calmly and make sound decision under varying degrees of stress and uncertainty.
- Ability to recognize and understand the relationship between operating policies and practices versus morale and performance.
- Ability to pass a complete FBI / CJIS security background check.
- Ability to deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions. Must be adaptable to performing under stress when confronted with emergency situations or tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally, demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
- Work is performed onsite. The incumbent must be present at work to perform the essential functions of this job.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides support for Harris Products and specifically the Cayenta product line, or equivalent ERP/utility mgmt. application. This position will require this individual to be the subject matter expert on all functional and operational elements of the Cayenta CU & CF environments.
- Provides support for MDM (Meter Data Mgt) / AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) systems built around SmartWorks/MeterSense and Tantalus utility
- network for control, monitoring, billing and automation for City Electric and Water services management.
- Manages utility SQL databases and their subsequent need for customization on data servicing and report generation.
- Supports all third-party related applications and system services leveraging off of and/or for Cayenta, MDM and AMI service systems.
- Maintains, upgrades, patches and troubleshoots associated servers; works with other IT Teams to resolve technical issues and develop solutions for IT projects. Prepares and updates technical documentation and diagrams of new and existing systems.
- Responsible for leading and implementing any upgrades, patches, or subsequent modifications to the specific or related applications servicing the Cayenta and MDM/AMI environments.
- Responsible for complete and full command, understanding and control of these core systems, services, software, and functions in area of expertise. Serves as the subject matter expert on these various systems and processes in areas of responsibility.
- Evaluates and implements new technologies; responds to user tickets that are not easily solved by the Tier-1 support team or that apply directly to the servers or new project requests.
- Maintains all related security profiles or needs; can test and industrialize the applications and services as required; use and management of associated VMware and backup environments.
- Ability to analyze, extrapolate, and deduct complex options and designs to safely and securely manipulate, customize or profile given software environments, operational challenges or functional needs of the organization.
- Completes production tasks assigned by the divisional Manager including but not limited to designing, coordinating, planning, and implementing new applications or major new functionality to existing systems.
- Ensures that services and products presented are produced with quality and efficiency through best practice service delivery industrialization, problem mitigation, instructional guidance, quality and security assurance checks, and continuous improvement feedback.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills to include public presentation, written emails, memos, procedures, and status reports resulting in regular communications with users and peers routinely via email, phone or in person. Willing and able to work within a team structure. Is the Level-3 support for these assigned system and user problems.
- Maintains up to date knowledge for all technologies being deployed, their functionality and application. Be fluent or have experiential exposure with a strong understanding of servers, databases, web services, GIS services, software languages, applications, and tools environments. Can translate, extract, analyze, and present data, and create ad-hoc reports; fluent with Scripting, Powershell, SQL querying, report writing, Microsoft Excel, Word, and related GIS software necessary to support and communicate.
- Follows standards, managerial directives and policies while demonstrating acute awareness and sensitivity to cyber security requirements of any action, support or activity taken.
- Trains users to use various new or modified software.
- Performs all other duties as assigned to meet organizational needs.
- Research new and existing projects for process improvement, new ways of implementation.
- Integrate new and existing software products into current imaging and deployment systems.
- Sit in on all customer-related service meetings and provide consultation and technical knowledge to resolve or adapt to user or customer requirements.
- Be able to be the technical liaison to Vendors and ensure all tickets, modifications or any service relationship is followed through to completion with quality and timely conclusions.
- Work with various departments to resolve and service their ERP and Utility mgmt. needs, this includes but not limited to Utilities, Accounting, Customer Service, HR, etc