GIS Senior Administrator I
Location: City of Rock Hill, SC
Onsite Flexibility: 100% onsite
Shift: Work hours 8:00AM – 5:00PM, Monday – Friday
(Unless required to be adjusted for business needs. Also responsible for on-call after-hours support as required)
Salary: $65,449 – $94,806 Per Year / DOQ
Connecting People with Their Purpose
At TalentBridge, we know success begins with personal connections, and our goal is to fully understand your values, motivations, and passions, then to connect you with companies whose values and motivations match your own.
Whether you’re looking for temporary employment or a full-time career, the TalentBridge family is here to help.
About the Role
The purpose of this job class within the organization is to support, develop, manage, maintain Geospatial data, train, and consult in all facets of the technology for support of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) within the Information Technology Services Department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Significant demonstrated experience with Esri suite of software including Desktop, ArcToolbox, Pro, ArcMap, Catalog Server, ArcGIS Online.
- Fluent in ArcToolBox functionality and creating models.
- Experience writing and debugging python (other programming languages a plus).
- Proficient data management skills including creating editing and converting GIS data.
- Operational knowledge managing and administering ArcGIS server, including publishing services, upgrades and installations.
- Managing, creating and maintaining WebMaps and WebApps with ArcGIS Online.
- Experience creating, maintaining and deploying Collector, Survey123 applications.
- Performs firmware and patch upgrades to all network components and services.
- Analyzes network operational problems and devises solutions.
- Manages operational and maintenance requirements of GIS systems.
- Adds, removes and maintains users using AD or ESRI user management controls.
- Document and record all activities inside TECHtools, the in-house work order mgmt. system.
- Provides user assistance and instruction as required.
- Coordinates assigned activities and functions with those of other City departments and outside agencies as appropriate; communicates with City staff to determine information technology requirements.
- Produce professional quality maps and reports for presentations and decision makers
- Works in both Edge User Support and core enterprise services support.
- Obtains quotes for and purchasing GIS related software and operational supplies.
- Serves on Technology User Group and Information Services Groups committees
- Will be required to run projects, address staff coordination for these projects
- Attends various meetings as required.
- Creates receives and reviews various maps, GIS data, records and reports including utility datasets, application services, user access forms, invoices, maintenance agreements, software license information, budget documents, memos, correspondence, etc.
- Prepares and/or processes, work orders, purchase orders, various technical records and reports, various other reports, memos, correspondence, etc.
- Responsible to assist in policy formulation and implementation, development of procedure & GIS manuals, technical manuals, technical journals, etc. Adheres to established policies and practices.
- Excellent communications skills: Interacts and communicates with peers, various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, other administrative staff and department heads, subordinates, other City employees, sales representatives, service personnel, user groups, and the general public. Recognizes and understands the relationship between operating policies and practices versus morale and performance.
- Follow all City policies and governance guidelines.
- Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge with the ESRI suite of software.
- Considerable knowledge of the hardware platforms, networks and software operating systems and information technology infrastructure the City uses for GIS operations.
- Working knowledge of GIS & network security technologies and platforms.
- Working knowledge/skills to use SQL to assist in queries, reporting, and database management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Product lines, Server 2012/2016, Linux.
- Ability to use practical GIS/IT skills to create and maintain applications, resolve issues, and provide technical support is a must.
- Ability to maintain and administer City’s GIS Addressing system & create and troubleshoot GIS applications.
- Ability maintain and modify GIS focused websites and web applications
- Skilled in creating, editing and maintaining spatial datasets.
- Skilled in producing professional quality maps and reports for presentations and City’s GIS user community.
- Ability to create and maintain data and applications using ESRI ArcGIS Online architecture.
- Ability to work within a team environment and demonstrate high level of customer service & build relationships.
- Ability to problem solve and to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Ability to demonstrate proficient technical documentation skills.
- Ability to act calmly and make sound decision under varying degrees of stress and uncertainty.
- Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
- Work is performed onsite. The incumbent must be present at work to perform the essential functions of this job.
Minimum Training and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor of Science degree preferred, or equivalent experience & certifications obtained with 3 years of progressive responsibility.
- Requires progressive responsibility and experience within the job description outlined or a closely related or associated field.
- The equivalent combination of education, training or related work experience may be considered.
Special Certifications, Clearances and Licenses:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must obtain FBI / CJIS security clearance and bi-annual certification
- MCSA, GISP or ESRI certifications preferred