TalentBridge is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Mechanical Engineer to join our industrial manufacturing client as a key member of their Engineering team. As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for planning and executing various capital projects to enhance the efficiency, safety, and productivity of manufacturing processes. Your expertise will be critical in overseeing the design, installation, commissioning, and training activities associated with these projects.
Capital Project Planning and Execution:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and analyze opportunities for capital improvement projects.
- Develop detailed project plans, timelines, and budgets to ensure successful project execution.
- Conduct feasibility studies and cost-benefit analyses for proposed projects to determine their viability and potential benefits.
Design and Engineering:
- Lead the design and engineering efforts for capital projects, ensuring compliance with industry standards, regulations, and company guidelines.
- Work closely with internal design teams or external engineering firms to create detailed engineering drawings, specifications, and equipment selection.
Installation and Commissioning:
- Oversee the installation of mechanical systems and equipment, ensuring adherence to project specifications and safety standards.
- Conduct thorough commissioning processes to validate the functionality and performance of newly installed equipment and systems.
Project Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project documentation, including drawings, technical documents, and progress reports.
- Provide regular project status updates to management and stakeholders, highlighting milestones, challenges, and successes.
Training and Knowledge Transfer:
- Develop and deliver comprehensive training programs for plant personnel on the operation and maintenance of new equipment and systems.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to ensure smooth integration and utilization of new technologies.
Safety and Compliance:
- Champion a strong safety culture within the organization by adhering to safety protocols and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
- Identify potential safety hazards and implement appropriate measures to mitigate risks during project execution.
- Continuously seek opportunities to improve existing processes, equipment, and systems for enhanced productivity, cost-effectiveness, and sustainability.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- 2+ years experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment; preferably Capital projects related.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, equipment, and materials used in manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, delivering on time and within budget.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and best practices related to industrial environments.
- Strong leadership and project management capabilities.