Senior Controls Engineer
TalentBridge is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Controls Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, specification, and installation of capital equipment for a greenfield manufacturing facility. Your expertise in industrial automation and project management will be instrumental in ensuring the successful implementation of control systems and equipment, driving operational efficiency and productivity.
- Lead the design, specification, and installation of capital equipment for a greenfield manufacturing facility, with a focus on control system integration.
- Develop control system architectures and PLC programming to automate and optimize manufacturing processes.
- Conduct factory acceptance testing (FAT) to ensure the functionality and performance of control systems before installation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand project requirements and develop control system solutions.
- Define and implement control strategies to optimize production processes and improve operational efficiency.
- Manage projects, including creating project plans, setting milestones, and coordinating resources to ensure on-time and within-budget delivery.
- Work closely with corporate engineering to leverage best practices and ensure compliance with company standards.
- Provide technical guidance and support to junior engineers and project teams.
- Collaborate with external vendors and contractors to ensure successful equipment integration and installation.
- Conduct risk assessments and develop mitigation plans for control system failures or disruptions.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends, technologies, and regulations related to equipment controls and automation.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field; advanced degree is a plus.
- Proven experience in designing, programming, and implementing control systems for capital equipment in a manufacturing environment, with expertise in PLC programming.
- Strong knowledge of control system design, HMI development, and industrial communication protocols.
- Experience conducting factory acceptance testing (FAT) to ensure control system functionality and performance.
- Proficiency in project management methodologies, including creating project plans, setting milestones, and managing resources.
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations related to equipment controls.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills to troubleshoot control system issues.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to convey technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel occasionally for project-related activities.