Schedule: 8:30am- 5:30pm EST
Under general supervision of an Operations Manager, the Benefits Verification Specialist will contact insurance companies to verify patient specific benefits for programs we administer. The Benefits Verification Specialist will ask appropriate questions regarding patient's benefits and complete data entry and/or appropriate forms to document patient's benefits coverage.
- Reviews all patient insurance information needed to complete the benefit verification process.
- Triages cases with missing information to appropriate program associate.
- Verifies patient specific benefits and precisely documents specifics for various payer plans including patient coverage, cost share, and access/provider options.
- Identifies any restrictions and details on how to expedite patient access.
- Could include documenting and initiating prior authorization process, claims appeals, etc.
- Completes quality review of work as part of finalizing product.
- Reports any reimbursement trends/delays to management.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- High school Diploma or G.E.D.
- 1 year of Medical Call Center