Title: Construction Field Technician
Engineering Technicians will work on a variety of projects, performing various tests and inspections on construction materials depending upon experience level. Written and electronic reports must be completed regularly and verbal communication with site and office personnel is required.
• Performs field quality control tests on plastic concrete.
• Performs field density testing on soil, asphalt and aggregate.
• Performs routine laboratory tests on soil, concrete, asphalt and other construction materials.
• Limited decision making.
• Prepares written daily field observation reports and summary reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Conducts all work in a manner that demonstrates that safety is a core value.
• Conducts periodic jobsite safety observations.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Must have reliable transportation and enjoy working outside. Must be available for overtime and weekend work as needed.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.