Tittle: Customer Service – Insurance Consultant
Starting Pay Rate: $21.00+ /hr (40.00K+/ anually)
Location: Urbandale, IA.
Benefits is a general insurance agency – they sell health insurance, dental and life both on the group side as well as individual insurance, medical supplements, etc. This person will be working on the individual side.
- Hours are 8:00am – 5:00 pm Monday-Thursday and 8:00am -3:00pm Friday (during summer months of June-Labor Day)
- Will not be in a quiet area – will be sitting in a cubicle and everyone around this person will be on the phone. Can bring headphones to use while inputting information into their system
- Very casual dress code. Should dress business casual for the interview and first day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist agents with questions, concerns, applications and forms relating to current and potential clients via phone, email and face-to-face meetings when needed.
- Scrub and submit applications, cancellation, bank changes, AOR's and any other documentation an agent sends in for submission that goes to the carriers.
- Help create guides, emails and tools to assist agents in MA/PDP certification, FFM testing, and Agent Certification and other useful material.
- Gather and distribute breaking information regarding the insurance market for weekly webinars, email blasts, and social media outlets
- Onboarding for new agents, assist with information and questions relating to new carriers websites and processes.
- Promoting additional carriers to agents who are not contracted/or moving a book of business while interacting with agents.
- Review incomplete activities from processing team or commission's area and resolve so cases are issued / policy changes are completed/ commissions are paid; process returned applications and follow up with agent once completed.
- Create specified segment(s) for Agent Training for University
- Sit with new employees and update them with what the L1 Ind team does
- Process AOR changes and update LINK for commissions team
- Routinely check and update the Agent portal for updated applications, forms, and information regarding the Individual Market / Carriers.
- Assist with agents meeting random Client Compliance Audits and Client annual certification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree is preferred or the recognized equivalent in education and experience, required
- Health Insurance License within 6 months of hire
- Minimum 2 years' experience working in the insurance industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- High comfort level with Excel
- Thorough understanding of complex group insurance terms, products, and strategies.
- Ability to contribute to a collaborative environment by consistently demonstrating a positive attitude and effort in order to achieve goals and objectives
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication, including the ability to actively listen and problem solve with minimal assistance
- Attention to detail and commitment to a high level of accuracy
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and work in a fast-paced environment
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.