|Primary responsibility for company marketing tasks and for supporting the development of the sales pipeline. This function implements the marketing strategy developed by the VP Sales and Marketing and creates effective marketing communication to the Company Web Site and direct to Customers. The Marketing and Business Development specialist will also support developing the sales pipeline and the number of sales opportunities through the generation of qualified discovery calls using telephone and email communications to build brand awareness and nurture prospect relationships.|
- At least 3-5 years of marketingexperience (retail technology experience is a plus)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Some experience with SalesForce desired
- AAS or BS Degree with relevant industry experience preferred
- Proven track record of marketing and business development in B2B technology focused organizations
- Experience coordinating trade show activities
- Well developed skill set in researching, identifying, and qualifying new sales opportunities
- Strong ability to sell to and interact with multiple departments and levels within an organization
- Effective time management skills, along with the capability to demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, when necessary
- High-level of personal integrity and business ethics
- Primary administration of company Web Site, Salesforce CRM database and customer mailing list
- Plan and prepare for annual NRF show including all activities related to coordinating booth layout, show logistics and demand preparation. Use various departments as necessary to successfully execute the show.
- Work with SalesForce.com to log all lead generation activity
- Develop marketing collaterals and communications materials for any campaigns or special projects
- Work with sales managers when a prospect has been qualified to assist in moving the opportunity through the sales process
- Any other tasks deemed within the scope of the job, as determined by the VP Sales and Marketing
- Majority of the workday will be spent onsite in a typical office or home office environment.
- The noise level expectations are quiet to moderate.
- Some travel outside of the office may be required on an "as needed” basis for sales meetings and various industry events.