TalenBridge is seeking a SEC Senior Accountant to join one of our top clients. In this role you will report to the SEC Reporting Director and work independendenlty with peers and leaders across the organization to prepare and analyze the company's SEC financial statements, management reports, and related financial statement disclosures to ensure accuracy and integrity. If this position sounds like you, please apply today!
Job Responsibilities of the SEC Senior Accountant
- Prepare all necessary SEC filings, including 10Q and 10K financial statements, while maintaining a commitment to producing high-quality financial reports.
- Perform financial statement preparation and complex accounting calculations in accordance with US GAAP.
- Create consolidating and consolidated statements of cash flows.
- Coordinate with internal departments and stakeholders to ensure work requirements and deadlines are met.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies and inconsistencies in financial information through initial analysis and application of accounting techniques.
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP requirements by reviewing financial statements and supporting footnotes, and checking disclosure checklists.
- Research and interpret SEC and US GAAP accounting disclosure guidance.
- Conduct financial statement analytics and prepare related disclosures.
- Coordinate and review financial statement data for the parent company's 10Q and 10K filings, including appropriate elimination of intercompany transactions.
- Apply Inline XBRL tagging to 10Q and 10K financial statements.
- Implement US GAAP accounting policies for new and complex business transactions or updates to accounting guidance.
- Assist with annual external audits and examinations, including preparing work papers, analyzing data, and gathering information.
- Respond to departmental or regulatory requests related to financial information.
- Support other finance projects as needed.
Qualifications and Experience of the SEC Senior Accountant
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Possess 4 or more years of experience in public accounting or the insurance industry.
- Have a strong background in technical accounting, including the ability to understand and analyze complex transactions and determine appropriate accounting treatment.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of SEC and US GAAP accounting and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills, with the ability to conduct research and report findings effectively.
- Exhibit problem-solving and strategic thinking skills, with a forward-looking approach.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Preference for experience in SEC reporting, public accounting, or the insurance industry.
- Proficient in MS Office products, including Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with Workiva's Wdesk application is preferred.
- Experience with Oracle, Essbase, and Hyperion is preferred.
- Completion of, or interest in obtaining, CPA and/or FLMI designations.